Catheters and Tubing
Tubing with EVQ-218 inhibit bacterial colonization and biofilm formation as well as drastically reduce instances of nosocomial infection.
BENEFITS OF EVQ-218
- Inhibits bacterial colonization
- Prevents biofilm formation
- Broad spectrum activity against bacteria and fungi
- No development of drug resistance to EVQ-218
- Can be extruded into polyurethane, polypropylene, silicone, latex, etc.
EVQ-218 killed 64 strains from 9 known drug-resistant bacteria and fungi including: Pseudomonas, Burkholderia, MSSA, MRSA, NTM’s, Achromobacter, Stenotrophomonas, Candida, and Scedosporium.
EVQ-218 showed no development of compound resistance during passage testing assay (21 days). (Resistence to antibiotics usually occurs on day 4-5.)